- Anxiety is a normal human response to stressful stimuli
- Everyone experiences some level of school life / exam anxiety
- Exam and school life anxiety may be a problem if you notice you are:
- Feeling tense or worrying a lot
- Not sleeping well or having issues with your appetite
- Not enjoying activities you have before
- Managing your worries happens in a series of steps:
- Notice the worry
- Decide if you can do anything about it
- Make a plan and/or…
- Let the worry go! (this is where relaxation and distraction techniques are key)
- Remember to look after yourself, keep a positive attitude and keep perspective on the situation.
Here are a few top sites to visit for information:
There are also some good apps that you can download on your mobile phone:
Headspace app; Mindfulness meditations.
Smiling Mind app; Mindfulness activities – measures mood before and after activity
SAM app; Help for anxiety now – activities including calm breathing and mood tracker
Molehill Mountain app; help with self-managing anxiety, designed for and with autistic people.
NHS have an up-to-date list of apps to support people of all ages with their mental health: Mental health apps - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Please see our advice and suggested support downloads.