Duke of Edinburgh Award
At The Turing School, we strive to provide our students with a holistic education that goes beyond the classroom. We are proud to offer the prestigious Duke of Edinburgh's Award programme, which aims to empower students by developing their skills, fostering their sense of adventure, and instilling in them a commitment to community participation.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award is a renowned international program that challenges students to undertake a series of activities in four key areas: volunteering, physical fitness, skills development, and adventurous journeys. We encourage our students to participate in this programme and it is divided into three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Each level presents progressively greater challenges and opportunities for personal growth.
Benefits of Duke of Edinburgh
1. Personal Development: The award programme encourages students to step out of their comfort zones and take on new challenges. Through various activities, students develop essential life skills such as leadership, teamwork, problem-solving, resilience, and self-discipline.
2. Well-Rounded Education: The Duke of Edinburgh's Award complements our academic curriculum by providing students with opportunities to explore their interests and develop skills outside of the classroom. Engaging in activities such as learning a musical instrument, volunteering for a local charity, or participating in a physical sport broadens students' horizons and contributes to their overall personal growth.
3. Enhanced University and Job Applications: The Duke of Edinburgh's Award is highly regarded by universities, colleges, and employers worldwide. Completing the award demonstrates a commitment to personal development, a willingness to take on challenges, and a strong work ethic. This prestigious award can give our students a competitive edge in their future educational and professional endeavours.
4. Adventure and Outdoor Skills: The award programme includes adventurous journeys, where students embark on expeditions that foster a sense of adventure, self-reliance, and resilience. These journeys often take students into the heart of the beautiful English countryside, allowing them to develop essential outdoor skills, learn to navigate, and appreciate nature while building lasting friendships.
5. Community Engagement: Volunteering is a fundamental component of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award programme. By engaging in community service, our students develop a deep sense of empathy, compassion, and social responsibility. They contribute positively to society while gaining a greater understanding of the needs of their local community.
We are proud to offer the Duke of Edinburgh's Award programme as part of our commitment to fostering well-rounded individuals who are prepared to excel in all aspects of life.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.